Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trunk or Treat

Yesterday for Halloween I helped my roommate Sarah with Trunk or Treat and Fall Festival at her church. I have never seen, heard of, or experienced Trunk or Treat before but it was fun and a good way for the church to get involved in the community. I helped her set up by stapling balloons to a board for the pop-the-balloon-with-a-dart game and drew and cut off leaves for the pin-the-leaf-on-the-pumpkin game. I am pretty sure I am a pro now at leaf drawing. :) I also blew up a few balloons...which I think pulled a few muscles in my jaws as evidenced by the throbbing pain afterwards. Our cars looked awesome, by the way, in their tropical attire. Oh, the kids were cute too (well, some were more on the scary side). ;)


Today God ministered to me in a powerful way in Systematic Theology as we discussed His faithfulness, love, goodness, grace, mercy, patience, and power. Truths that I needed to hear and that overwhelmed me. He is so derserving of more that I can give Him.

Sad news: my electric toothbrush died yesterday. Not a good week for me and electical things.

1 comment:

Alex S. Leung said...

I don't get it, what's the "trunk" for?!

Which Systematic are you doing? I'm really enjoying Sys I with Dr Moore - twice so far I got to talk to other students after the class Q&A time who were sharing the same struggles :)