Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Sovereignty of My God

I love when God works out things in His wisdom and providence...especially when I at first perceive them to be an inconvenience. An example of that happened today (well, technically yesterday). Earlier this fall, I received minor hail damage on my Beretta. On Wednesday afternoon an insurance adjuster was scheduled to come out and view the damage. He was unable to, however, because of an extended appointment so he had to reschedule for Friday morning. How does this situation point to God? Well, on Wednesday the skies were clear and the sun was shining brightly. This morning, on the other hand, the sky was overcast. Because of this, the hail damage on my car was much more visible since there was no glare from the sun. The insurance agent assessed the damage, took photos, and is going to email me a quote. More to come once this happens...

Also, I have a job! I will be working with Educational Resources in the No Child Left Behind program. I am pretty excited about this because most of the students I will be tutoring are international students who need help with English. It is my prayer that God will use this job to grow and stretch me beyond my comfort zone as well as allow me to invest into the lives of these students. This job has what I consider perfect hours (in the afternoon) which allows me to attend classes in the morning and school and church activities in the evening. Plus, I have been told that I can work as many hours as I want during school breaks. :) God is so gracious to me! Unfortantely, I don't start work until December 1st (although this means I get to go home the whole week of Thanksgiving break which was a desire of mine) so I am praying on what to do between now and then. Right now I am looking at temporary holiday jobs. God will provide.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God knows exactly what He is doing all of the time, as well as why He is doing it. AWESOME