Thursday, November 8, 2007

Who Knew?

Did you know that this month is No Shave November? This was the topic of discussion before my Old Testament class started today. I am not sure if this is a seminary thing, a Southern thing, or a guy thing in general. It cracks me up though.

Earlier this week a headlight went out on my car. Another unexpected expense. I replaced it myself though (with some coaching from my dad) and I am quite proud of myself for doing so (is that okay?). I also had to replace my windshield wiper blades and add more windshield wiper fluid to the reservoir. I feel like quite the mechanic. Hehe.

Today we started discussing the doctrine of the Trinity in Systematic Theology. I have been looking forward to this since the beginning of the semester. I pray that God gives me a deeper understanding of this doctrine. Because of conflicting views taught to me by my family, I struggle with this truth. I not only want to be able to understand it better but I want to be able to explain/teach it.

I still have not started the tutoring job. I know that God is using this time to stretch and grow my faith. Pray that I will perservere. I know that He will provide my every need according to His riches in Christ Jesus, but my imagination runs wild sometime. Pray that I will trust Him completely.

This week's lessons from God: the importance of ecclesiology while serving overseas; the necessity and importance of forgiveness; and trust.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post! You are indeed becoming quite the mechanic, it is OK for you to take some pride/joy in your independence, so long as you don't try to change your own engine.

The Trinity is a hard doctrine to grasp. Though I admire and understand you want/need to understanding. I think that this doctrine is one of those, that is on some level beyond our complete understanding. I look forward to the time when all of our questions are answered by HIM. My God bless you at your new Job.