Monday, November 26, 2007

God's Loving Care

Thanksgiving break is now officially over and I am back in Kentuckiana. I had such a pleasant time at home and I owe God all the praise for that. It was filled with food, football, family, and the occasional nap. :) It was indeed a blessed trip and I loved seeing everyone again-especially my sister-and the opportunity to attend my home church (twice!). God is so good to me.

I want to note two items of praise in particular that deal with God's providential and loving care:

1. Bath and Body Works (whom I interviewed with before I left) called me last Wednesday and offered me a seasonal position. This is such an answer to prayer. To God be the glory! :)
2. My sister and I had a little incident when I was taking her back to Saint Louis last night. It was drizzling rain (as it had been all day) so the roads were saturated. We were headed to Brentwood so that she could get some food for her dorm from Whole Foods. As I slowed down and turned onto the exit ramp, the rear of my car broke loose and we started to spin. I told her to hold on as the car whipped to the right. It all happened very fast and before I knew it I spun onto the embankment which slowed down and eventually stopped my car (facing us in the opposite direction on the ramp). I quickly turned my car around and continued down the ramp. It was scarry but God was with us through it all. There were no cars around us and the hill stopped the car from skidding any further. There was no damage to the car; although it did have mud all over it. I know that our safety was the result of the many people praying for our safe return. This was also a very humbling experience as God reminded me that I am not in control when I drive...He is.

I discovered something about my parents beliefs last weekend that has greatly disturbed me. I mean in all my 24 years, I have never even heard them mention this before. I plan on reading the book that talks about this belief and others that they hold to get a better understanding of it. I worry sometimes about their theology and I want so much for them to know the complete Truth.

Lessons from God this week: humility, obedience, trust, and the importance of praise/thanksgiving.

I need to study...

No comments: