Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm Free!

After three days in the belly of the whale--er, on the futon in the living room--Sarah and I have finally finished our project. Although it was very time consuming, we had fun creating it and are pretty excited about our results. The project is for Systematic Theology and is a DVD tract attempting to move an atheist to the acknowledgement of the possibility of God's existence. I also finished my paper where I was supposed to design an outreach program for the local church. This paper was a lot of fun because I was allowed to let my imagination run wild. I pulled from the strategic plan of my home church as well as the church I am attending now.

This means that I only have one more paper (which is my final for Systematic), a little more reading, and finals. Call me crazy, but I am almost a little sad the semester is ending (did I just say that?!). I have really enjoyed my classes and believe that I have learned a lot. All good things must come to an end I guess.

In my small group we are doing a study through the book of Philippians. As we have slowly progressed through the book, breaking it down verse by verse, I have discovered so many things I have never noticed before. For instance, in chapter two, verse 19, Paul says that he "hopes in the Lord Jesus" to send Timothy to the Philippians. I love the way he is so specific. We use the term hope so loosely these days. I know for me that I often say that I hope to do this or that, but never stopped to consider what I was hoping in. I should be intentionally hoping in the Lord Jesus for He alone is my hope.

Speaking of hoping, I have been hoping for the majority of the semester that I could go home the entire week for Thanksgiving...and my birthday. As of now, it looks like I will be able to. Lord willing, I plan on leaving this Thursday after classes. Hurray! I am a little suprised at how excited I am. I haven't really been homesick this whole semester, but now that I know I get to go home, I long for it immensely. I miss everyone so much!

Okay, this is going to sound really dumb, but I have discovered a new function on my laptop. I have had it for over five years and I just now figured out how to use the keys with purple writing on them--the FN (function) key! This key allows me to adjust my volume and even dim my screen (which I didn't know I could do). Its like having a whole new computer! ;)

Time for Heroes!

No comments: