Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Needless Drama

So today my car battery died in the mall parking lot. I was there looking for a seasonal part-time job. Sarah was with me. We flagged down a car to help us...it was two women...but they were still willing to help. I got my jumper cables out (thanks Dad!) and a young man joined us to help out. We hooked up the cars, I turned the key, and...nothing. I called my uncle in Fredericktown, MO who works at a parts store. He told me to let it sit for a while to charge the battery from the other car. We did. Finally, after about 10 minutes or so, she started (barely). I drove my limping car to Wal-Mart where I demanded (not really; I just wanted to sound dramatic) a replacement battery. Thankfully, it was still under warranty so I didn't have to pay anything. Actually, they paid me $9. Still not sure how that happened but am thankful nonetheless. As I think about the situation, I am thankful for God's wise, sovereign protection. This happened on a day where neither Sarah nor I had any obligations, several people stopped to try to help, the mall was close to Wal-Mart, I got a new battery under warranty, and came out $9 richer. Its amazing how He works.

My dad has been getting on me about getting a job until the tutoring one starts. I wish he'd leave me alone. Is this a bad attitude to have? I believe so, but it is how I feel. I think it is that natural tendency towards rebellion that us fallen humans are so inclined to have.

God has provided for me yet again. The church that my grandma attends has decided to send me money to help me out. Other people deserve it more than I yet I know that this is from the hand of God. I love seeing how He graciously provides for me and how He also moves my heart to glory in my Savior in the process.

Tomorrow I am heading back to Missouri!!!

This week's lessons from God: endurance in the faith, trust, the complexity of the Trinity, and worldview.

1 comment:

Alex S. Leung said...

Wow, God is surely Sovereign in His grace. I'm glad you were able to get your car all fixed up.

If I don't see ya, have a safe trip back home for Thanksgiving.