Sunday, November 4, 2007

"Country Road Take Me Home"

The trees are absolutely beautiful! Yesterday, Sarah invited me to go with her and her kids from church to pick pumpkins. We went to Huber's Orchard and Winery in Starlight, IN. The ride there was incredible. We drove on a curvy, hilly, two-lane blacktop road deep into rural Indiana which was bordered with bright yellow, orange, and red trees. We were at a fairly high altitude and the view was breath-taking. It reminded me so much of home and made me miss it a lot. I had almost forgotten how much I loved the country. Thanksgiving (the next time I will be heading back to MO) seems so far off right now.

Anway, we had a good time. Although we didn't pick pumpkins (they got rid of them after Halloween), Huber's had a variety of activities to do. We fed barnyard animals, ventured through a robe maze and bamboo maze, jumped on a big inflated jumpy thing, swung (I love to swing!), and slid down a long, steep slide. I also got to take lots of pictures for Sarah which was nice. I haven't done anyting related to photography in a while so it was so great to put my camera to good use.

Side Note: I am thankful my roommate remembered the time change....I sure didn't!

No comments: