Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Reformation Day Eve

Yesterday was a long day...good, but long. I stayed on campus after classes to attend the bi-weekly prayer meeting. Besides going with Carol to the mall, I spent the entire time on campus. I took a blanket to the seminary lawn where I tried to sleep but couldn't (even though I was very tired) so I read 1 John instead. It was a nice time with the Lord amidst His beautiful creation. When the temperature dropped I went inside to the cafe (which I found to be one of the warmest placest on campus) to read some more. I also talked on the phone to a job prospect, my local church pastor about membership, and my beautiful sister. The prayer meeting was very edifying and much needed for me personally. A whole hour dedicated to talking to and thinking about God is a wonderful training tool for my mind to focus my thoughts on God rather than the distractions of life. My wandering mind could use some discipline and I am making a prayerful effort to whip it into shape.

Sad news: my blow dryer died yesterday morning.

No comments: