Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Catching Up...

So I am in the beautiful state of Missouri now. God is so good to me. He has allowed me to come home for an entire week! I arrived in the Show Me State last Thursday night where I stayed the night with a friend in the STL. It was nice to see all my Saint Louis friends again. I went to Mobap on Friday where I got to see my former coworkers and my sissy. The top three questions that were asked:
1. How is school?
2. Do you have any guy interests/prospects?
3. How long are you in for?
Kristi and I headed to Fredericktown Friday evening and we spend that night and Saturday hanging out with my parents. Sunday was absolutely wonderful. I was able to worship at MH and go to the annual Celebration service that night where we toured the new Arcadia Valley campus (awesome!), ate yummy dessert, and were led in worship by a Southern Gospel group. I am so thankful that God allowed me to be a part of that experience. We dedicated the facility and future to Him. The night involved much prayer. One of the coolest things was we were allowed to write scripture, prayers, and/or the names of the people from AV that we knew who were unsaved on the floor of the sanctuary. We did this at the Fredericktown campus when we had new carpet put in and I think it is just an absolutely amazing and powerful concept. God is going to do such great things at this new campus for the glory of His Name and I am so exicited for what is in store.

On Monday I took my mom to the foot doctor. I am not sure if I mentioned this before or not but she had surgery almost three years ago to have a nodule removed from her foot (caused by her arthritis) and it still hasn't healed. The whole situation has been a complete nightmare. This past summer her foot seemed like it was making significant progress towards healing, but it has recently taken a turn for the worst. It is so frustrating. I think the doctors are just experimenting on her. They even admit they don't know what the problem is, but when her foot starts healing, they change her medicine or the like to try something new. Maybe this is just me, but my logic says that if what they are doing is working, they should continue doing it. I just feel so bad for her. My mom has suffered more than anybody that I know. We have been praying for healing for her foot for such a long time. I know I have no right to question God, but I wonder why He doesn't just heal her. I know that He is sovereign, though, and good, and I trust that He has this situation all under control. He is not short on power and His arm is not too short to save so I must rest in that.

Studying for finals is proving a lot harder than I thought. I haven't even touched my schoolwork and have no desire too. I just want to play... so I have. :) Besides just hanging out with my parents (Kristi is back in St. Louis), I have been playing Tomb Raider on Playstation 2, coloring, and helping my mom with whatever she needs. I also haven't been spending time with Jesus as I should which has got to change. If anything, I need to spend MORE time with Him when I am home.

Oh, my car drama continued last week. Thursday morning when I was fixing to leave for school, my car wouldn't start. Obviously it wasn't the battery since I just got a new one the day before. So to make a long story short: four hours and $34 later, my car was doing fine. I had a corroded battery cable. I missed all my morning classes and chapel which is sad, but at least I was able to head to MO that day as planned. In addition to all the recent and unexpected expenses, God laid on my heart to give to the IMAGINE campaign at MH last Sunday. I had already determined in my heart to do so once I started receiving a paycheck, but God prompted me not to wait. I am really excited to be a part of it and trust that the Lord will provide my needs as He promises in His Word. He is really stretching my trust in Him right now in the area of finances. I hope the lesson is almost over...

1 comment:

Michael Goldsmith said...

It was awesome to see you again and I'm glad you enjoyed the conclusion to the Imagine Campaign. God is incredible isn't He!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!