Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Prepare to Launch in 4, 3, 2, 1...

This weekend has been a long awaited one for my home church and it has been much on my heart and mind lately. We are going multi-site in the neighboring town of Arcadia Valley. This is a vision God has given us and we have been praying, trusting, and working towards it for a while now and it is finally about to become a reality. I am a little sad that I am not there for all the excitement, but even though I am not there physically, I still feel much apart of it. This feeling of connectedness is definitely a gift from God and I am very thankful for it. For anyone that happens to stumble across this blog post between now and this Sunday, January 6th, please join with me in prayer. Please pray these things specifically:
1. Unity-that the people of Meadow Heights will be of one mind and one purpose, and that the devil will have no foothold to cause division
2. Humilty-God is doing amazing things through our church and it would be easy to think much of ourselves
3. Wisdom-for the leaders and staff who are leading the charge and making final preparations for this weekend's 7 (!!!) services
4. Focus-that our eyes will be on the Lord Jesus and we will be attentive and obedient to the promptings of the Holy Spirit
5. Protection-we have a real enemy and he will do whatever he can to prevent us from shining the Light into the darkness
6. Most of all, that God will be lifted high and lives will be transformed!!!
What an amazing adventure the Lord has led Meadow Heights on. I am so thankful to be a part of it. I have witnessed such amazing things and know there is much more to come as we, as a church family, follow God into the Unkown.
"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." -Ephesians 3:20-21

3 comments:

Goldenchild said...

thank you so much!! I love reading your blog... Hope things are going well!!

Jo said...

God was definately at work in the Parkland this weekend. I am enjoying your blog and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

End Time Truth said...

check out my blog. I loved yours
weseds.blogspot.com

Wes