Saturday, January 12, 2008

Little Excited

From the title I guess you can tell that I am excited about something and I have good reason to be...my sister is coming to Louisville!!! She is coming with her boyfriend and our friend Scott to attend the Give Me an Anwer Conference this February. What a blessing! :)

Also, yesterday while I was on campus spending some spare time reading before meeting a friend, I ran into some of my favorite on-campus people. It was totally unplanned (by me anyways), but such a nice surprise from the Lord. Then, afterwards, I was able to hang out with some more of my favorite people (this time planned) as well as meet new ones as we bonded over food and the movie The Princess Bride.

This break has been so refreshing. I have been able to refocus my mind on the Lord and His Word as well as do a lot of reading, which for me, feeds and refreshes my spirit. I just finished
Louie Giglio's book The Air I Breathe. It really challenged me in the way I worship and spend my time. This quote in particular stood out to me:
"Maybe you're a passionate lover of God, but frustrated by the presence of little idols you've kept around far too long."
Wow. I couldn't have stated it better myself. The Lord is revealing these 'little idols' to me and opening my eyes to His inifinte worth. How glorious and gracious my Lord is!
Yesterday, I began Louie's other book, I Am Not But I Know I AM. So far God has used this book to remind me of my own insignificance (apart from the Lord) as well as Christ's surpassing greatness and power. I praise God for books like these and authors like him.

No comments: