Saturday, December 29, 2007

Small World

So today at B&BW I met a lady named Anita from Missouri. I am not even sure how the conversation got started, but she happened to mention that she was from MO and I, of course, told her I was from the grand ol' Show Me State myself. When I told her I was from Fredericktown, she immediately embraced me and told me that she and her husband just bought a plot a land there. Whoa. Very few people here are from Missouri, much less know where Fredericktown is. She went on to inquire if I lived in or out of town. When I told her out of town, she responded and I quote, "Oh, you are a country girl? I am looking for a country girl for my son." Ah, geez. Did she really say that? Anyway, she wanted to know the whereabouts of where I lived. I told her I lived off of E Hwy which, it turns out, is where her plot of land is located. Anita is originally from Clarksville, IN (next to Jeffersonville) but now lives in Bismark, MO with her husband. She is in town visiting her sister. Their father just passed away. Remember them in prayer. We chatted some more and I made mention of my home church, hoping she would inquire. She took the bait and asked where I attended. I told her and gave her directions. Hopefully, she will drop in. :) She departed to do some shopping, but met up with me again before she left in which she took my picture and gave me another hug. You never know what the Lord is going to throw at you on a daily basis. He sure makes life interesting.

1 comment:

Shari said...

That's right, God does make life interesting. One of my New Year resolutions is to ask God everyday - "Lord, what do You want me to do today? Please show me." It should be exciting to see what and who he sends my way.