Sunday, December 2, 2007

Is it Almost Over?!

I feel as though life is caving in on me. The financial pressure is almost more than I can bear. I am trying my best to stand firm on God's promises of provision, but my knees are incredibly shakey. Today I received yet another unexpected expense: a bill from my periodontist in St. Louis. It looks at though the insurance refuses to pay all of my procedure from last summer which has left me with the balance of $176. God has tested me in the area of finances before but nothing like this. I feel as though I have been stretched to the breaking point. Yet I know this is for His glory and my good. Even though I feel pinned in, I know He will provide as He always does for He is my perfect heavenly Father. This time it looks like provision is coming in the form of my sister. She has offered to sending me a check to help me until I receive my first one from B&BW and refuses to let me pay her back (despite my objections). Looks like God is serving me up a good dose of humility. Besides teaching me to trust fully in Him, I believe the Lord is breaking me of the pride of self-sufficiency. He is making me depend on other people...and I absolutely hate it.

I still have not heard word about the tutoring job that I was hired a month ago for. I have to admit I am a little frustrated. I sent the lady an email, but haven't had a reply. Furthermore, my friend who was hired a few weeks ago said she received an email saying training was this coming Wednesday. I know the lady doesn't know my financial bind, but I just wish everything was a little more organized. I hope in the Lord Jesus Christ to hear from her very soon.

No comments: