Tuesday, December 25, 2007

All I Have to Give to Him is Adoration

The meaning of Christmas and the reality of who Christ is has been weighing heavily upon my mind and heart lately. This I am very thankful for because it has made this Christmas season the most meaningful ever. The Lord has reminded me through both my home and local churches of the significance of Christmas. I think it is so awesome the way that the Lord has orchestrated both churches to preach on the same topic. The messages have been very enriching to me. Just think about the story: Jesus Christ came to the very world He created to rescue a fallen, sinful human race to the praise of His glory. Think of His humility: He, the King of Kings, took on flesh and was born in obscurity in a stable; as an infant He had to be fed, protected, and cared for by the very people He Himself created; and as He grew He was submissive to His earthly mother and father. I have tried to think of scenarios in which I could make an earthly analogy of His humility but none would suffice. Praise God for His inifinite wisdom and glorious grace!
"For the glory of it all He came here.
For the rescue of us all that we may live.
For the glory of it all. For the glory of it all...
We will never be the same."

1 comment:

Kristi Tokko said...

I like the Crowder. :) ... and the post.