Thursday, December 20, 2007

:)

5 days 'til Christmas. 3 days 'til Missouri. 1 day 'til the weekend. Much to be thankful about. :)

This week God has been answering my prayers. My primary petition was that He would give me wisdom and guidance with reference to the various employment opportunities He has set before me. By His leading, I accepted the tutoring position and turned down the job at Southern. I had actually considered doing both, but the Lord reminded me why I am in Kentuckiana--to learn more about Him and His Word at the seminary. I am also taking over a job for my roommate in which I will be assisting an elderly lady several hours a month with various projects/errands. Remember when I didn't have a job? Now I have three. Praise the Lord for His grace and provision! When I cried out to Him, He heard me, and answered me. Though there were many times that I was tunnel visioned in my circumstances and felt hopeless, He remained faithful. I have been reflecting lately on His sovereign care. Last semester I worked a total of 5 weeks. 5 weeks! And every bill was paid and every need was met (though at times I wondered if they would be). This is the God I serve! I am so thankful that the Lord Almighty is concerned with the details of life. Even when we don't see Him, He is sovereignly orchestrating events to His glory and our good.

Lessons from God this week: humility, refocusing, inner beauty, and dependence.

No comments: