Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Not Forsaken, Not Forgotten

Today marked my 5th working day at Bath & Body Works. I am really enjoying it there and am so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to work there. Today I got to do something new. I had been processing shipments. They had received like 700 boxes over the past several days. Unreal. I thought I was going to be super sore after the first day of lifting, twisting, and moving boxes, but I was only a little. I guess bodily exercise does profit a little (1 Timothy 4:8). Hehe ;). This morning, though, I was assigned to the sales floor to promote our merchandise/sales and run the cashier. It was fun. I liked greeting the new customers and such (which could be why I was a greeter at MH for several years). I even got a customer to buy--Dana, don't laugh--a Lambie Blanket.

Speaking of blankets, my roommate and I made no-sew fleece blankets last Friday night. She bought the material and roped me in to helping her. :) It was fun! Her's is a bright retro-looking floral pattern on one side and a matching green on the other. Mine is checkered flag on one side and NASCAR printed on the other (of course!). They have been put to good use since it always seems to be so cold in our apartment. We plan to make our other roommate one too (by the way, we finally have a 3rd roommate!).

So I have survived my first semester of seminary. I almost don't know what to do with myself now. There are some things I would like to accomplish, though, before school restarts in late January:
1. Read books recommend by MAC
2. Familarize myself with my new camera (Sony Cybershot DSC-W80) which my sister so lavished upon me for my birthday a few weeks ago
3. Bake cookies with my roommates for our neighbors
4. Make a gingerbread house with my roommates
5. Go home the week of Christmas
6. Visit the MH-AV campus one of the first weekends it launches
7. Work...a lot

I started on #1 last Sunday. The first book is called Transformation and I am a third of the way through it. It is very good and I agree with the writer so far on his views of the American church, healthy church growth, evangelism, and discipleship. What is really awesome is that the night before I began to read it, the Lord led me to read Matthew 5 and 6 (the Beattitudes) with special attention to the verses about being salt and light to the world; then, one of the first chapters in the book mentioned and expounded on these verses. I love when God does that!

Yesterday, I got an email from Educational Resources saying that training has been scheduled...it's today at 6:30. Plus, I found out that I get my first B&BW paycheck at the end of this week!

"Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act." -Psalm 37:5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like life is filled up for you! :O) Good to know God is in control though. Good luck.