Thursday, October 4, 2007

Pobre Computadora!

This post is dedicated to my Dell Inspiron 2650 which I have had for six years. Over the past few years, cracks and chips have raised their ugly heads on the surface of its lid. A bottom corner broke off and then eventually the other bottom corner broke off. Last night something horrible happened...the lid almost came completely off! It is attached by one hinge now. I called the Geek Squad at Best Buy but they said they would need to send it off with a $140 deposit (Bad News). Ouch! I then got out my trusted Crazy Glue and electrical tape to see what I could do, but they failed me (more Bad News). I searched Dell's website for hardware and found the part that I thought I needed (Good News). I then chatted online with a Dell Rep and then on the phone to make sure that it was the right part. An hour and a half and $38 later (Bad News), I purchased the part with next day shipping. Hurray, my laptop is going to open and close properly again (Great News)!

So far Fall Break has been pretty productive. I have done one paper, finished a book, and done lots of reading. This last part of the week though I am dedicating to friends rather than books. :) Last night I visited one friend while he was working at Starbucks. Either tonight or tomorrow night I am going to get ice cream (YUM) with another friend. On Saturday I may be hanging out with yet another friend. Fun times.

I miss my roommate.

1 comment:

Alex S. Leung said...

Wow, I feel for you and your Dell. I cannot believe it is lasting you that long... though, clearly its lifespan is near end:S

If you've ever any Windows related issues, I'd be glad to help;-) While I've built my own desktop computers, I can't fix a falling apart laptop though!