Sunday, October 28, 2007

Randomness

THINGS TO PONDER

Facebook: Before I began seminary I only got on Facebook occassionally, but now I get on it daily. It has become sort of my lifeline to friends back home and to friends at Southern. Mainly, though, I think I use it as a distraction from schoolwork. I usually get on my computer to do my homework which means that I am connected to the Internet which means that I should check my email and Facebook and delay the reason I got on the computer to begin with.

Blogging: I was thinking the other day that it is interesting that I blog. I am a very reserved person, so why do I share my thoughts with anybody who cares to read? Blogging, to an extent, allows me to express myself which I have so much trouble doing with others. I also tend to forget that people can and do read my blog.

NASCAR: I have only met one person who likes NASCAR. She works at St. Jude so I don't see her anymore. Where are the NASCAR fans??

Mostaccioli: I made this for my small group this evening. Most people I have talked to around here have never heard of it. I have been told it is a Missouri thing. Who knew? I thought it was an Italian thing. :) These people are missing out.

Chapel: Thursday's chapel last week was excellent. The speaker preached on going to undesirable places from 2 Timothy 4:9-18. Very good and very thought-provoking. He challenged us to pray to have the attitude and boldness of Paul. He also reminded us that Jesus is our ultimate example of going to the most undesirable place when He emptied Himself, took on flesh, and came to earth.

Hillcrest: Sarah and I went to Hillcrest Street yesterday to look at the Halloween decorated houses. These people go all out. It was crazy. I didn't know that people got into Halloween like that. I don't particularly care for Halloween myself. It's kinda morbid. Nonetheless, if you haven't seen it, I would recommend checking it out.

No comments: