Friday, October 12, 2007

Ah, Fall.

I have really enjoyed these crisp mornings. The air is so clear and fresh. They do remind me, though, that winter is coming. Soon I won't be able to run/walk in the mornings which saddens me. :( I am not sure what I will do for fitness when that time comes, but I guess I will worry about that when the time comes.

Next week is G. C. week at the seminary which is exciting. I will miss most of the events because of work though. :( I have been contemplating a new job. Phone sales is not really my cup of tea, but most of all, I hate misses the events at school (which is the reason I am here). St. Jude does offer great benefits (namely tuition reimbursement), but they are not flexible. I must continue to pray about this to make sure I am following the Lord rather than my own selfish desires. "Not my will, but Your will Father."

I am aslo still struggling as to where God would have me go to church. I have been attending one for a few weeks but He hasn't confirmed (or unconfirmed) anything so far. I going to attend membership class there tomorrow. Hopefully, the Lord will be pleased to confirm if that is where He wants me or not. I think that the fact that I miss my home church so much is clouding my discernment.

Today, while I was working, I was pondering God's heart for the nations. It is such a beautiful thing. My primary focus was on His creation of the nations. What an awesome experience in heaven it will be when all peoples come together in unison to worship the Living God. I don't always reflect and yearn for that day as I should, but I am longing for it today. Jesus is infintely glorious and oh I want to experience Him in all His fulness.

1 comment:

Alex S. Leung said...

I just submitted my membership application at Immanuel today. I'm finding myself at home there & actually helped out a few weeks ago w/their computers in the church office:)

Well, I pray that God would shed some light into finding a spiritual home away from home;-)