Friday, September 21, 2007

The Weekend is Finally Here!

I am so glad that it is the weekend. This week has been pretty hectic. I started work at St. Jude on Monday. This was the first of five weeks of training. I am a little overwhelmed with all the info that has been thrown at me and intimidated at the thought of a quota and people monitoring my every move. Once we (there is a group of us in training) are moved to the "floor" to recruit, I will have a quota to meet. This quota will determine at the end of five weeks if I have a job or not, and then it will determine whether or not I keep my job. The challenge kind of excites me. Then again, I really don't care for talking on the phone and that is what I will be doing for 4+ hours a day. I trust that God will use this job as a growing experience. This as well as about everything else in my life right now will stretch me way beyond my comfort zone. This I know is a good thing. As far as the quota, I trust that if God wants me there I will meet the requirements and if not I won't, and He will provide me with another job.

I took my first tests this week. They were both on Thursday. I think they went well. God was definitely gracious to me. I am so glad they are over though. My brain feels so free. Between studying and my job, I thought my head was going to explode. It feels a lot emptier now though. :)

I went to Friendship International again last Wednesday. I led a Bible study composed of two South Koreans and One Columbian. I really enjoyed it. Plus, the English class that I help my roommate teach increased from 1 to 4 people. Hurray!

I put air in my tires this evening (I have a slow leak in a couple of them). I only state this so that I can express how much I love the feeling of freshly aired tires when I drive. The car handles so much better and hugs the curves more snugly. It is amazing what just a few pounds of air can do. (I know I'm strange.)

That's all for now. I need to go to bed.

No comments: