Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Heavens Declare the Glory of God...

This weather is absolutely gorgeous! Last night my roommate Sarah and I sat in the grass behind our apartment and read. While we were out there we were able to meet a neighbor which was exciting. Hopefully God will allow us to building a relationship with her and her family. We also made friends with a stray cat. :)

Last Wednesay I went to Friendship International to help Sarah teach English. As has been the case lately, I was out of my comfort zone but I know it will be a good opportunity to meet people from other cultures and invest in their lives. I was surprised (and excited) at just how many nations were represented. I was told that Louisville itself is home to 96 people groups.

I have been reading a book about Jim Elliott for class. This book was written by his wife Elisabeth and is a compilation of journal entries and letters. It is so awesome to get inside his mind and see his heart. Even though my fervor for the Lord and boldness nowhere matches his, I can relate to his yearning to know the Lord more and be about His business. I pray God leads me to exhibit that kind of passion.

Oh, the Cards game was fun. They played horrible and lost 7-2 but I still had a good time with Sarah and Melissa. The city of Cincinnati is beautiful. One of the prettiest cities I have seen...right up there with St. Louis. ;) There were only 14,000 or so in attendance which surprised me. Coming from a "baseball town" I am used to seeing the stadium sold out almost every game. Of course, we have the Cardinals so I guess that explains why. Hehe.

1 comment:

Alex S. Leung said...

The weather is freezing lately! I feel like I'm back home in Toronto - can't just wake up in a tshirt and run to class!

Interesting...I only knew of Elisabeth Elliot for her work on biblical manhood/womanhood.

Yeh, 14k seems minuscule. We usually get 30k in Toronto, and the stadium's just over half full. Mind you, we don't like our baseball that much--the Leafs get all the fans:)