Monday, March 14, 2011

Deja Vu

Since last fall my life has included much drama - especially regarding those of the male persuasion. I don't even like to watch drama on TV, much less do I want it in my own life (though not all of it has been negative). Yet, the Lord was pleased to grow me in new ways through these interactions and for that I am thankful. Jesus continues to help me realize and deal with my own fears and insecurities in this area; to identify the influence of American culture on my view of relationships and to rely on Him more and more. Through the most recent event, God has reminded me of His steadfast love and everlasting faithfulness. He does not change. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Jesus is so gracious in overwhelming me with the sense of His sweet presence and of the reality that He is in complete control. He is my firm foundation and shelter during these little storms of life. 
Deliver me out of the sadness
Deliver me from all of the madness
Deliver me courage to guide me
Deliver me Your strength inside me
Chorus
All of my life I've been in hiding
Wishing there was someone just like You
But now that You're here
Now that I've found You
I know that You're the One to pull me through - David Crowder Band
Some things that have happened (including the above) have made me question my discernment. Discernment is a gift that I believe the Lord has given me. By His Spirit, He usually prepares me in advance for things that will happen or gives me an indescribable assurance of His leading into certain situations or places. Recently, there have been a couple of areas that I was certain He was leading in, but the doors have closed. I have no idea what God is up to, but He promises to make all things work together for good (Romans 8:28) and always keeps His promises. :) All of this reminds me of two years ago when I applied to serve overseas in South America. The Lord kept opening doors for me to go and then suddenly He closed them. BUT later He opened the doors wide for me to go to South Asia with a job assignment that resonated with the passions and gifts He has given me. His ways are truly not ours and, most of the time, I am really glad about that. :)

Yesterday, I spend the day with the Lord seeking His face about a few things and trying to gain insight and understanding as to what He is doing in my life. When I was questioning and interceding, He brought this Scripture to my mind, "What is that to you? You follow Me" (my paraphrase). I then went and looked up the verse and ran references on it. Later, I watched a sermon by Dr. Moore online and what Scripture did he "happen" to be preaching on? The one the Lord had just brought to my mind from John 21. As always, Jesus is right. I need to be focused on following Him and everything else will fall into place.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full into His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace
On a slightly different note, the Lord has brought me encouragement from an unsuspecting place - my dad. As I updated him on the situation at hand, he was so sweet in giving me helpful advice, encouragement and offered prayer for the parties involved. It was a good conversation and I am so thankful to the Lord for it. :)

There are a few more things I'd like to mention (unrelated to the above), but those will have to wait until another post because this one is getting rather lengthy. Though, I will say one last thing: in honor of St. Patrick's Day, I bought Lucky Charms today. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious ; )