Thursday, July 23, 2009

July in MO: Week 3

Most of this past week was spent visiting my mom in the hospital. She has been there since Sunday morning and I am ready for her to come home. No word yet on when that will be. The doctor diagnosed her with ulcerated colitis and is trying to find out what caused it.
Last Sunday, my sister and I went to the church she attends in St. Louis. She was very excited to reconnect with all her friends and to be able to attend their yearly church picnic. I am beginning to learn how different Kristi and I are from each other when it comes to church preferences and even some doctrinal stances. Nothing major but it is interesting to see the unique way that God created us.
Tomorrow we plan to go to St. Louis with our cousins to visit the arch. This past week I collected four extra large cups from McDonald's that each have a $5 off coupon for a trip up the Arch. :)
I finished the Noel Piper book and started a new book called M. Renaissance by Reggie McNeal. I am reading it per recommendation of the Associate Pastor/Outreach Leader of MH.
I forgot to report last time that my dad and I went hiking at Pickled Springs in Farmington, MO. The hike was roughly 2 miles and we finished it in less than an hour. We had a lot of fun and I am thankful for the quality time with my dad.
My family and I have almost finished that 1000 piece puzzle. :)

No comments: