Friday, July 17, 2009

July in MO: Week 2

I finished A Call to Die yesterday. The Lord has used that book to show me what areas of my life I still need to die to...and there are many. God is gracious, though, and I am thankful that He doesn't give up on me. I also started a book last week called Faithful Women and their Extraordinary God by Noel Piper. The book is very challenging and inspiring. I am always amazed at how God uses no-name people to do amazing things for Him. This theme runs with last week's church service where a lady shared her testimony of how God called and uses her as a vessel to transform the lives of prison inmates. I need to hear/read these things. I have been presented with several opportunities where I can serve Christ in the Louisville community this fall. I have been hesitant to pursue them because I am doubtful of the impact that I could make. God is reminding me, however, that He is the one that will make the impact. My confidence should be in Him and not myself. I am nothing, but He is everything. I am to simply obey Him and follow Him wherever He leads me. The new message series at church is about leadership and I am pretty excited about it.

My family and I have started an 1000 piece puzzle. It is rather nightmare-ish I am not going to lie but we have made a considerable dent in it once we finally got the border finished.

I have been thinking of ways that I can serve while I am home and the Lord revealed to me that I can serve Him by finding ways to serve my family. Isn't it amazing how there are opportunities to serve right under our noses but we fail to recognize them?

My sister and I had lunch with some unbelieving family members last week. We plan on getting together a few more times with them before I leave. I am praying for the opportunity to share Christ with them. We have tentative plans to take them to St. Louis this Wednesday (Lord willing).

My mom has been sick since yesterday. Please pray for her. My dad just took her to the ER. She is having pains in her lower stomach and hasn't slept or ate much in the last day and a half. I hate that she suffers so much (Romans 8:18).

No comments: