Tuesday, August 4, 2009

July in MO: Week 4

My last week at home turned out to be the busiest. I won't go into detail but I attended a family reunion and the MH church picnic, finished that 1000 piece puzzle (below), brought my mom home from the hospital (yay!), beat the latest Tomb Raider game, finished M. Renaissance, met with my pastor, went to a court hearing in support of my aunt and uncle, went to a campfire discussion about the before-mentioned book and visited Bauhaus Kaffee for the first time. I unfortunately did not get to invest in my cousins as much as I had hoped and prayed. Plans fell through, but I was able to talk with them once over lunch and for that I am thankful.

My mom came home the Monday before last. She is doing much better. Both her appetite and strength are coming back. Her foot is doing great as well. Praise the Lord for His excellent care of her!

I was contacted by the company I am going overseas with late last weekend regarding my top three choices of where I want to serve. After reviewing the updated job assignments, I have changed my top choice from South America to South Asia. Besides the fact that the one in South America doesn't exist anymore, the one in South Asia aligns with things God has recently laid on my heart. I don't expect to hear anything official from them until October.

I am back in Louisville now. Welcomed back by torrential downpours and severe thunderstorms. Pray for the people here. We got like 6 inches of rain in a short amount of time and there are many people who have suffered property damage/loss due to the flash floods.

I am mostly finished unpacking. I am currently sleeping on an air mattress until I can aquire new furniture. When that happens, it will feel a lot more like home.


I came to the sad realization yesterday that I need new tires for my car...soon.

1 comment:

chabesquen said...

Hey, I just read this blog entry and I'm so proud of you guys for finishing that stinkin' hard puzzle!!! Bravo!