Thursday, July 9, 2009

July in MO: Week 1

I am home now. It has been a nice change of pace...sometimes I don't know what to do with myself. I have slowly been clearing out and cleaning my room and closet. It has become a sort of a storage area while I have been away and when I came back with my stuff there was literally now room to walk around. Well, four days, six trash bags and a trunk load of items for Good Will later, I am finished! It is still crowded in my room, but there is much more walking space and organization (which means a lot less stress for me).

Kristi and I have started reading The Count of Monte Cristo together. I haven't read it since high school so it is very fresh to me. We have also been working out together. I am not sure if she thinks it is fun (especially at 7:00 in the morning), but I enjoy it.

I have taken over the cooking responsibilities for the month. I am not sure my parents know what to think since I have been switching up the menu on them. I made beef stroganoff from scratch last night and my dad was like, "this doesn't taste like Hamburger Helper [from the box]." Exactly.

The Lord allowed me to experience His presence last Sunday during church and also during my evening quiet time for the first time in what seems like forever. I cannot even describe what a blessing that is.

I have a dentist appointment today. Dread. Please pray for me.

No comments: