Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jesus, Could You Show Me Just How Far the East is from the West?

I learned today that Third Day is coming out with a new album this summer. Yay! God has used their music so much to bless my life. Chris Daughtry is going to be adding his rockin' voice to one of their songs. I also learned that one of their band members left. :( Even though I don't know them personally and know their music will still be good, it makes me sad when bands split (even though they aren't really splitting). Kind of the same way that divorces make me sad. I am funny like that. I think it is because loyalty is very important to me.

I learned about a new radio station in the Kentuckiana area that plays Christian rock (104.3 fm). Today, they were playing the top 20 countdown and I heard Casting Crowns' song East to West (based on Psalm 103:12) which spoke to me greatly. I have heard the song before, but because of the rut I have been in spiritually, God used it to minister to me in a powerful way. Please pray for me in this area. I really don't know how to put it into words, but I just feel so far from Christ and it pains me greatly.

Furthermore, the Lord convicted me during today's sermon. The message was over 2 Corinthians 6: "Showing Reverence for an Awesome God." One of the points explained that one of the ways we show reverence for God is opening our hearts to one another. Ouch! I struggle in this area immensely. I have trouble opening up to people and keep most everyone I know at arm's length. I know that this is one big hindrance to sharing my faith. Only the power of Christ can give me strength and boldness to be vulnerable before others. Please pray that He would do just that.

I began a new book recently. A friend lent (is that the right word?!) me Piper's God's Passion for His Glory which includes a full work by Johnathan Edwards. I look forward to what God will teach me through it. My goal is to finish it before Greek starts June 3rd.

I have a crazy busy week ahead. Please pray for me as I work, move, invest in relationships, seek God, dog sit, and the like.

Fast fact: My friend and former roomie Melissa informed me that NASCAR driver Tony Stewart's pet monkey Mojo now lives in the Louisville Zoo. Isn't that just hilarous? :) I may need to go visit him...

Speaking of NASCAR, my favorite race of the season is on right now...BUT I think I better focus my mind on more eternal things right now...

No comments: