Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Few Days in MO

I just recently returned from a quick trip home. It was so great to see my family and church family. The Lord reminded me of how blessed I am to have them all in my life. I miss them already. While I was there I visited MH's multi-site campus in Arcadia Valley for the first time. The campus was beautiful and it was so awesome to see all the new faces (and some familiar ones!). The Lord is doing a mighty work there. Keep the MH church leaders in your prayers!

I was also able to hand wash my car which I really enjoy doing. My car is white again! My dad vacuumed it out for me and replaced the mats. He spoiled me greatly while I was home as he also changed my oil, recharged my air conditioner, and shined my Docs. :)

My time at home was not all roses, though. My dad accused me of "never being home" when I come to visit which greatly frustrates me. Does he know the opportunties to visit other people I turn down because I know that he wants me at home? Besides visiting my grandparents, the only place I go to without him is church. The rest of the time I spend at the house. Grrr...what frustrates me most is that it is okay for him to run his errands and the like. I am really not sure what to do about the situation. There are other relationships that I would like to invest in while I am in town but I feel guilty if I go out with friends or anything because I know he will be upset. I am usually invited to go out with my friends from church while I am there, but have been declining. I want to go, but I am torn. Sigh.

Oh! Good news: the mileage has been down on my car. (Well, that isn't the good news, but keep reading). I used to get like 32 mpg on the hwy and 30 mpg (city) mixed driving. It has been down, however, like 4+ mpg for the past few months. I tried to do a few things to help my mileage but to no avail; finally, I replaced the fuel filter and, ta-da!, I am back up to 30 mpg. :)

My trip, by the way, was wonderful. I enjoy my long drives with the Lord. I listened to several sermons as the Lord led me which He used to greatly ministered to my soul.

David Cook just won American Idol. Yay for guys with raspy rock voices. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm glad you took the time to come see me in the tech booth. Hope everything is going well for you!

Take Care!