Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Few Thoughts and Observations

*Have you noticed that the latest trend in food are digestive friendly products? From dairy products to cereal to nuts, all of them claim to promote digestive health. It may just be me, but if food companies would use pure ingredients to begin with, we wouldn't need all the digestive help.
*During our apartment search, my roomate and I discovered a rule for subsidized housing: two full-time singles cannot share an apartment unless they are married. Sounds like discrimination against single people if you ask me.
*I have never been a fan of politics and do not keep up with them as I probably should, but I do have to say that I am disappointed with the candidates that are running for president. I mean, is this the best the US can produce? If only money weren't such a factor...
*LOST is extremely animistic. I hadn't noticed until learning about animism in my Intercultural Communication class. It's still a great show, though. :)
*I am developing a deep bitterness toward gas companies because of their greed and oppression of those in the lower class of the economy. I am having to repent of this attitude a lot lately.
*God's love for me. It is something that I know is true but still have trouble believing for myself as an individual. The last time I was home my pastor was encouraging me and reminding me of God's love and I found myself doubting it. I am thinking about focusing on this attribute of God this summer.
*My NASCAR driver lost his sponsor for next year. Rumor it has it, though, that he may switch to a different team. One could only hope. It would be nice for him to have a chance at winning again.
*Does anybody else think that David Archuleta completely destroyed Love Me Tender the other night?!
*I just finished my last final this morning!

No comments: