Sunday, July 1, 2012

An Unexpected Treat

It's been forever since I've been to the races. When I was in high school, my family and I went to the dirt track almost every weekend. My sister and I have been discussing how we "need" to go to a race and are actually supposed to be going sometime this summer with a few friends (and I do mean few; race fans are scarce in the seminary world :). This past Thursday, however, my sister and I were given free tickets to this weekend's NASCAR race. We were stoked. Although I used to avidly follow NASCAR on TV, I had never been to a race. Until this weekend. And it was so much fun!

The Lord is incredibly kind in His dealings with us. Not only does He gives us every spiritual blessing in Christ (Ephesians 1:3), but He gives us nonspiritual blessings as well. Every good gift comes from Him (James 1:17), and I would consider this a good gift. :) Not only that, but I am amazed at how tailored God's gifts are. He didn't give my sister and me free tickets to, let's say, the ballet, but to something we enjoy: racing. Jesus knows His people really well and enjoys blessing us in every way...even with something as insignificant as racing.

No comments: