Friday, June 3, 2011

Unknown Food

The Lord has been teaching me a lot lately about resting in Him and being satisfied in Him alone. When Jesus walked this earth, He was always about His Father's business. He never missed an opportunity to testify to the grace of God. One such experience was with a woman who was a social outcast because of her messy past (which included 5 failed marriages). His disciples had went to buy food at the time, so Jesus was left alone at a well in the middle of town. This woman came to the well to draw water and encountered Jesus. He told her about the Living Water that He alone can give. By the end of their conversation, the woman realized that Jesus offered her the hope and forgiveness for which she longed and that He had the power to redeem her past and use it for a glorious purpose. When the disciples came back, they tried to get Jesus to eat the lunch they bought...
But He said to them, “I have food to eat that you do not know about.” So the disciples said to one another, “Has anyone brought Him something to eat?” Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work." John 4:32-34
By God's grace, I am learning the power of this truth. On two different occasions, I had skipped dinner for one reason or another and the Lord has allowed me to  proclaim the Gospel of His Grace, which left me completely full and satisfied. Who needs food when one partakes of the Food? This evening I went out to minister in a club (on a empty stomach). While I am was there, my sisters-in-Christ and I had the opportunity to share the hope and peace of Jesus Christ with a dancer. Her eyes welled with tears as we proclaimed the Truth to her. I embraced her (as I hate to see anyone cry) and told her that she was a beautiful creation of God and that He had a purpose for her. So there I was in the middle of a club with a crying dancer in my arms...and I knew I was exactly where God wanted to be. I wasn't hungry anymore.
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Psalm 34:8 (cf. 1 Peter 2:3)
I have tasted, I have seen and I am satisfied.

No comments: