Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Spring is finally upon us! Though I’ve heard that we’re in for a cool front, mostly warm days lie ahead and for that I am extremely thankful. There is something about the new life and warm sunshine that inspires hope and energy. It is also that time of year that we call “Spring Cleaning.” The Lord has saw fit to do some spring cleaning in me. He is clearing out the cobwebs in the areas of my life where I’ve become too lackadaisical and it has been painful. He is bringing me to the end of myself. It is easy, especially here in the States, to become too comfortable and to deceive myself into thinking that I have the strength I need for day-to-day living. The Lord has been breaking my independent spirit by revealing my sin of self-reliance and showing me how much I desperately need Him every single hour. It’s a hard lesson that the Lord, in His infinite patience, has to continually teach me. Currently, I am weary. Weary with my sin…weary with life in general…which is a good sign of who’s strength and energy I have been relying on: mine. Christ, however, in his everlasting wisdom and grace has reminded me of His promises to give strength to the weary (Isaiah 40:31), to take on my burden (Matthew 11:28) and to give me His energy to accomplish the tasks He has called me to (Colossians 1:29). Plus, He has given me the much needed opportunity to get out of Louisville for a few days and to enjoy the beautiful countryside in Missouri. :) My hope and prayer is that it will be a time of rest, relaxation and rejuvenation.

No comments: