Thursday, September 30, 2010

These are a Few of My [New] Favorite Things

Stuffed Green Peppers

Earlier this week my sister and I tried our hand at making Stuffed Green Peppers.  We filled them with brown rice, Great Northern beans, chopped mushrooms, garlic, cheese and spices. They were so yummy we had them again this evening!


Soymilk

Since returning from South Asia, I haven't liked our (American) milk. I didn't like the milk there either, but I did like the thickness of it. Soymilk has the same consistency...so I converted (and so did my whole family!).

Multigrain Cheerios

I have always been a fan of Honey Nut Cheerios, but while I was staying with Melissa and James, I was introduced to Multigrain Cheerios. I have never looked back.

Pilates

I enjoy working out and I recently discovered Pilates. My posture is improving and I am learning the "art of muscle control" as I strengthen my core muscles. I am a fan...so is my sister who has become my new work out partner.

Shawls

While I was in South Asia, I bought a couple of shawls - knowing how handy they would be on the campus of Southern. Good call...I wrap one around me almost every day that I'm on campus. They are so great because they leave my hands free to type/write. I am such a baby when it comes to being cold and being on a predominantly male campus, cold is usually the temperature. :)

ESV Online Study Bible

My mom and sister got me the ESV Study Bible a couple Christmases ago. It came with a free online version. I just started using it and it is great. I can cross-reference verses with just a click of the button or search for a certain passage by using a key word. It will be a great tool for a couple of studies I want to do.

Living with My Sister [again]

Laughter, long chats, late nights, random adventures, accountability...Fun times. :)

No comments: