Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Can't Sleep...Sounds Like a Good Time for a Post!

The morning air is clean and crisp. The days have been cooler. And the leaves are beginning to turn. Yep, fall is definitely around the corner and I am loving it.


I spent the majority of this Labor Day weekend enjoying this beautiful weather. I went to a back to school gathering on Saturday where there was some down home music, grilled corn on the cob (freshly shucked I might add) and corn hole tournaments in typical Southern style. I met a lot of new people and saw some familiar faces as well. We ended the night singing hymns around the campfire. On Sunday, I wore my South Asian clothes and taught the ladies of RF how to make cha as I told them about my experience. Afterwards, I spent the afternoon at Parrin Park reading for my Ethics class until it was time for small group. It was the first time I had been to that park and it was beautiful. I will have to explore it some more when I have less reading. :)

So I have had this reversible belt for like five years and it has started to rip loose from the buckle. I really shouldn't complain considering it has lasted this long, but it is the perfect belt: brown on one side and black on the other. Well, today, I got out my tool kit to see if I had a mini flathead screw driver and, sure enough, I did. I was able to fix it and salvage a little more use out of it. Yay!

Current Lessons for the Lord: living in submission to His will and timing; seeking Him above all things and looking for Him at work every day

Side Note: Does anyone in Louisville know someone that is mechanically included (automotive)? My roommate needs her power steering fixed.

No comments: