Saturday, February 7, 2009

Need = Tell it to Jesus

The semester is finally under way. I am much more excited and motivated about this semester than the last one. This refreshed attitude, I know, is a gift from the Lord. I am priveledged to be able to study at Southern and sometimes I forget that. The two classes I am most excited about are Hermeneutics and New Testament I. Basically, in N.T. we are studying the life of Jesus. I have only had two classes and I am already hooked on this class! It has stirred my affections for the Lord Jesus Christ which is a direct answer to prayer.
On a way more serious and extremely vague note: the Lord made me aware of an issue that I need to deal with from my childhood that I didn't even know was an issue. I guess I have suppressed it all these years, but while I was listening to a sermon the Holy Spirit brought it to the forefront. All these memories and feelings have flooded my mind and I am not sure how to deal with them. There are maybe two people I would even feel comfortable talking about this with and they are both in Missouri. One of them is my sister and talked briefly about it with her. I have so much trouble expressing my feelings that I didn't get it all out on the table. What is worse (way worse) is that I really don't even want to talk to Jesus about it. I don't want to deal with it. I just want it to go back into its suppressed state. [Side note: what's funny is that when I was reflecting on the issue and the sermon, this song crept into my mind: "have a little talk with Jesus"--obviously God was trying to tell me something. :)] Alas...I know ignoring the issue is not an option...so I need prayer. Please pray for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For about 3yrs I've found your blogs spiritually helpful. I admire your faith as I am always searching for ways to strengthen my own. I wanted to share what a tremendous encouragement your journey has meant in my own life.
"Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy" (Jude 24)
M

Rachel said...

Thank you for commenting and for sharing this verse as I found great encouragement in it. I am humbled to know that the Lord has used my blog to encourage you. May the Lord Jesus continue to grow you in your faith so that He may be magnified. God bless you!

Melissa said...

God has a way of bringing to the forefront things that keep us away from walking so very close to Him, and to have Him guide you in your healing is going to be crucial and very important. I go to a meeting called Celebrate Recovery, which is a Biblically principled 12 step program from Saddleback (where Rick Warren pastors a church). It is a place for hurts, habits or hangups. What I find remarkable is how people (in the group) don't judge you. They love you for who you are and allow the Holy Spirit to move in and thru you during share groups or even step groups. No one is there to get fixed by someone else but have Jesus heal the pain, hurt, wrong ways of dealing or coping with life circumstances, or even finding in the light of God's word through the Holy Bible what He says about finding hope and giving Him our cares and concerns over to Him...the Bearer of our shame, hurt, pain and suffering.Celebrate Recovery is based off of the Beatitudes and is really awesome to experience when you are authentic and truly seeking Jesus to comfort you and guide you. If there is a group in your area, you should try it out and see what or where God leads you. I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

In Christ's Love,
Melissa