Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Had a Special Visitor!

It's funny how you don't realize how much you miss something/someone until your reminded. My sister came to Southern this weekend for the Give Me an Answer conference. She stayed with me last night so we were able to hang out a little. Unfortunately, the teaching class I am taking fell on this weekend so I spend most of last evening preparing an inductive Bible study which was due this morning. Kristi had homework to do as well, but we still had fun. I got to visit with her briefly again today over lunch...but now the conference is over...she is gone and I am sad. The visit was sort of like a teaser since it was so short and it makes me really want to go home...

On a different note, I can tell this teaching class is going to stretch me. The next time we meet (in two weeks) I have to have prepared a Bible study lesson to teach on Titus 2:6-10...lasting 45 minutes! I have asked God to show me through this class whether or not I have the gift of teaching (which I have been told I have in dormat form) and I believe He will answer. I am pretty excited about finding illustrations, movie clips or videos that correlate with my "teaching idea." The Lord has blessed me with some wonderful teachers in my life to use as models.

I have also been reconsidering my seminary pace. Since I arrived at Southern, my goal has been get in and get out as soon as possible (3 years). Now I am beginning to wonder: is this the Lord's plan or mine?

No comments: