Thursday, November 20, 2008

Current Events in My Life

Today is the last day of classes for the semester...though I am not attending them. I caught some kind of bug and was up all last night and most of the morning sick. I have been this sick in many years. Thankfully, I am starting to feel a little better and may even try to go to work for a few hours.

Two things happen in two days:
1. I get to go home to Missouri
2. I turn 25

Remember how the store I work at was nominated as Louisville's Best Businesses in the Wedding Invitation Category. Well, we won. :) I don't think we get anything but the sheer joy of winning...which I am fine with. :)

My sister and I bought my Mom's Christmas present online last night. One present down, a few more to go.

Semester in Review: This semester has been one of the most difficult. Not because the work load as been overbearing but I have been apathetic towards my schoolwork as well as weary of it and I have been undisciplined in general. The Lord has taught me much through it all. Key themese have been spiritual warfare, perseverance, trust/faith, the need to watch my life and doctrine and accountability. This semester I was forced to have an accountability partner for my Spiritual Disciplines class. I dreaded the assignment first, but it has actually been a blessing. I have gained a new sister and Christ and learned the importance of opening up to others. I also translated an entire book of the Bible (1 John) which is such a privilege.

I am still praying about studying/serving overseas next semester. My sister is also praying about going to Romania with Mobap this spring. Please join us as we pray for these things.

Oh, oh...I saw both new Batman movies this past week (Batman Begins & The Dark Knight). They were so good! The acting (minus Katie Holmes), storylines and action scenes were superb. I cannot wait until the third one gets underway!

The Kabob Party we had went well. We were so privileged to have a Muslim family attend and for them to hang around a group of Christians most of the night. This was an answer to prayer for my friend that brought them and I am so thankful to the Lord that He used our small party in such a way.

The Lord has been bidding me to return to Him and I am finally listening. I have been very selfish with my free time lately and I have been ignoring His promptings to seek Him more. Of this I am ashamed. How could I? But I did and through sermons and lectures I have heard over the past week of so I see my sin and trying to get back into a disciplined way of life. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ that He never stops pursuing us! If you have not met with Him today or even this week, it's not too late. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you...He promised and He is faithful!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi! I think the best time of the semester is when we can reflect on what has happened and just sigh in relief to see how God has been there and has gotten us through it. I have my last day approaching on December 11th, the last day for my final exam on Shakespeare. I cannot wait. I am looking forward to seeing another chapter end. You have lots of things going on in your life. I love it when God welcomes me back into His arms without question from a period of time when I concentrated on getting to a point where I can recognize and give Him all the glory. I am also thankful you struggle in that area too. It makes me feel like I am no different than anyone else. :o) I hope and pray where ever God sends you that you do His will and give God all the glory and honor.

Praise be to Jesus!
Melissa

Melissa said...

I forgot to wish you that I hope you'd feel better before traveling home and to give you a "Happy Birthday!" God bless you....