Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Eyes Searching

I started this poem when I was home over Christmas break to express how I was feeling during all the pain and chaos of the most recent events. I finished it (the latter half) when I returned to Louisville.

Eyes searching
Tears flowing
Flowing down
To the ground

Heart breaking
Soul aching
And is down
No hope's found

Darkness closing
Day's fading
Night abounds
All around

Vision leaving
Pain increasing
Relief's not found
Gonna drown

Prayers rising
Hope surprising
Do not fear
God is here

Darkness fleeing
Eyes are seeing
Faith is here
No more tears

Walls falling
Jesus calling
Grace is near
Hope appears

Joy springing
Praises ringing
In my ears
Christ is here!

2 comments:

Emily T said...

That was beautiful, Rachel.

Rachel said...

Thank you, Emily!