Monday, January 24, 2011

Looking for the Silver Lining...

I try to make it a daily habit to submit my plans to the Lord. I am a planner, so I have a general idea of what I will be doing each day, but I always want to be open to what the Lord is doing and what He has in store. Today's plan: work, clean apartment, do laundry and read. Work - check. The other things - not so much. My day was altered when someone decided to break into where I live and steal a few choice things (namely my laptop). I spent an hour after work talking to both Dell and the police and asking for prayer. Now, I know there is some sort of lesson in all this. I don't see it now, but the Bible says that God causes all things to work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). I believe with all my heart that this is true. What is the Lord up to? I am not sure. Maybe the Lord is proving my devotion to Him. Do I really treasure Him over all things like I claim I do?

When it is all said and done, it is just a computer and the pictures and data that were on it won't matter much in eternity. Not that I am giving up hope. I am very much an optimist and believe in the power of my God to bring my computer back to me WITH all my data on it. :)

Now to that last thing on today's agenda - reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry! I'll definitely say a prayer!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps there is a connection within this study you proposed in your previous post. I challenge you to discover some emotions or feelings linked with love and compassion for this individual whom entered your place and took some of your belongings. May it bring peace and understanding upon your definition of love.