Friday, December 31, 2010

Bookend Events of 2010

This is my last post of 2010, which is crazy to think about. This year has flown by. It was full of challenges, blessings and unforgettable experiences through which God has given me a clearer vision of the future, grown my faith and drawn me closer to Christ. As I think about the year, two major events stand out: South Asia and graduation.
As you well know, I spent the first half of the year overseas working with slum children. It was by far the best experience I have ever had. The Lord taught me so much about daily dependence on Him and further revealed His heart to me for the nations. I was stretched outside my comfort zone more ways that I can count and discovered the ways that God has (as well as has not) wired me for serving Him.


The last half of the year brought me back to Louisville to finish my coursework at Southern. It was one of my best semesters subject-wise, which served as a fitting end to an already wonderful trek towards earning my master's degree.


It all seems so surreal and am so thankful to Christ for these amazing experiences and lessons. I am excited to see what 2011 will bring. I have no doubt that there will be new challenges, new blessings, new growth opportunities in Christ, new answers to prayer, new prayer requests, new opportunities to trust God...
I have no idea what is in store but I trust the One who does.

          My frame was not hidden from you,
          when I was being made in secret,
          intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
          Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
          in your book were written, every one of them,
          the days that were formed for me,
          when as yet there was none of them.
          How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
          How vast is the sum of them!
          If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
          I awake, and I am still with you. Psalm 139:15-18

Now, I am not one for making New Year's resolutions, but I have set a few goals for 2011:
  1. Focus in on a few particular ministries and relationships (as the Lord leads) so as not to be so scattered or busy. I am following two ministry leads right now -  one connected with Rolling Fields and one connected with a local organization. I have training for both coming up in the next two weeks and I am so excited about both.
  2. Finish memorizing Ephesians
  3. Develop and refine my photography skills
  4. Do a better job of eating actual meals for dinner (#1 should help with this)
  5. Start a savings account...or rather put money into the one I already have :)
Kristi and I are fixin' to head out for Frosties and a Redbox movie to bring in the new year, so...

Happy New Year's!

No comments: