Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Question

I graduate from Southern one month from today. It's crazy to think about, but it's true. This fact has prompted the inevitable question, "What are you going to do next?" First, I am going to read at my leisure and for the sheer pleasure of reading in and of itself. Then, maybe I will write all those blog posts I have swimming around in my head...

The real answer to the question is that I simply don't know. The Lord has not been pleased thus far to reveal to me the next step. I know that I ultimately want to serve the Lord overseas among the poor - telling them about the hope that is found solely in Jesus Christ. Before that happens, though, I need to take care of these pesky student loans. Whether that means staying where I am at Papers Unique or taking up a new job somewhere else, I don't know. I have know doubt that the Lord will reveal to me in His perfect timing what's next. I am fairly confident, though, that I am to remain in Louisville and I am for certain I am to minister to people here on behalf of Christ. Now that school is almost out of the way, I can devote more of my time to building relationships and to ministry.

The end of my time at Southern has proven to be bittersweet. I am more than ready to kiss homework goodbye, but I love to learn (especially about Jesus) and I will miss the class lectures and chapel services that God has used so much to shape and grow me. Now, most of you know that pursuing a Master's degree was not my favorite idea. I didn't see my need for theological study...I mean, couldn't I just get my theology from my own personal study of the Bible? Through my time here, however, I have learned how much I needed theological correction and direction. I have learned how to study God's Word and have, in the process, discovered God's grand plan that fills it pages from cover to cover. My time here has been nothing but a blessing and has been filled with numerous lessons from the Lord (both in and out of the classroom). Even though the coursework will soon be finished, I know I won't stop learning. I serve a God whose infinite nature will keep me hungry to know more of Him for the rest of my life.
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

“For who has known the mind of the Lord,
or who has been his counselor?”
“Or who has given a gift to him
that he might be repaid?”
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen. (Romans 11:33-36)

No comments: