Thursday, November 4, 2010

The End is in Sight!

It's amazing the difference one week can make. Last week, I was overwhelmed with the amount of school work that had to be done and the seemingly little time I had to do it. The Lord was so gracious to give me much motivation and extra time (or maybe just time management) so that I now only have 3 assignments left:
1. Finish reading my last ethics book and write a paper interacting with it
2. Final systematic paper
3. Community development strategy paper
Besides 2 finals, that is it! I feel like so much weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I am so thankful for such a productive week!

I have come to the sad realization that I am going to have to retire my favorite pair of blue jeans. The knees have been patched for a while, but now the material is really starting to thin and holes are developing in other areas. This is sad on two accounts. First, they are so comfortable, which is why I like them so much. Second, I do not like shopping, especially jean shopping. It ranks right up there with sitting in traffic and eating peas. In fact, I don't know which is worse - shopping for jeans or sitting in rush hour. ;) But, the Lord in His grace and provision, just provided me with 2 new pair from my boss. I was lamented the fact that I would have to depart with the before-mentioned beloved pair when she told me she had several new pairs she was looking to get rid off. She gave me four to try on. While they were all big for me, two of them were just a little baggy, nothing a belt couldn't handle (even though they were all almost the same size, which is why I particularly dislike shopping for blue jeans). So now I can delay that dreaded trip to the mall for a little longer. :) Plus there are probably still a few more wearings left in the disintegrating pair mentioned above...

Tomorrow, Katelyn and I are heading out on a road trip to Oklahoma. On the way, we are stopping by F'town to pick up my car (yay!). Our friend and former South Asian roommate is getting married. It will be like a mini - very mini - South Asian reunion. :)

R1, R2 and KG

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Have a safe trip. Look forward to spending some time with you in a few weeks! Love you! - Shawn