Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No More Classes, No More Books...

Today was my last day of classes. Only 2 finals separate me from graduation. I am so excited to be free from having to worry about homework!

One of the classes I took this semester was called Community Development and Disaster Relief. In it, all my experience and coursework in business management, human services and international miss. seemed to converge, which made it a fitting end to my educational career. Yesterday, I completed a community development strategy paper that built upon the work I did earlier this year in a South Asian center for slum girls. It was probably one of the most rewarding (and fun) papers I have ever written. It had little to do with research and much to do with dreaming. :) It was supposed to be a minimum of ten pages...I wound up writing 18 (!). I am usually a person of few/concise words who has trouble meeting the minimum page requirement, so this way-over-the-minimum paper was the first for me. The Lord has been gradually showing me the specifics of His call to serve Him overseas and I believe community development will play a big part of it. I am so excited to see what He has in store! Please pray for me as I go through this time of transition.

No comments: