Tuesday, July 27, 2010

His Grace is Sufficient

The Lord has been showing me lately how much I am dependent on His grace and how He is always sovereignly at work even when I fail to realize it. My family has been hit hard recently with various trials, but each portray the sovereign  hand of my most loving and gracious Savior, Jesus Christ.

On such event occurred last Sunday when the brakes went out on my car (not related to the wreck) while my mom was driving. It just so "happened," however, that they went out at the exact moment my mom put my car in park in front of our house. Do you see the grace of Christ in that? One moment longer in town and she would not have been so fortunate, but He orchestrated events in such a way that both she and my sister arrived safely home. What protection! What grace!

My dad told me of a guy who said, "I ask for God's favor and help when going into a situation and then proceed as if it all depended on me." How foolish. Who gave him his breath, his abilities, his resources? What does he have that didn't come from God? Can this man forsee the future or know the wisest decision in every situation? No. He (and we) must depend upon God every step of the way. For "in Him, we live and move and have our being."
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16).

No comments: