Thursday, July 1, 2010

Days Go By...

Sunday is my last day in this country - with the girls, with my newfound friends and family...where did the time go? I have been avoiding thinking about leaving, but I can't anymore. I have to think about how I am going to spend my last few days here, who I am going to see, saying goodbye, packing... I haven't even left yet and I am so ready ready to return. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about seeing those I love and care about in the States, but I dread the thought of leaving everyone here. I know, however, that going back to America is God's will and I completely trust Him.

While there isn't much I miss about the States, living here has made me appreciate a few things about my native country that I used to take for granted:
1. order and structure
2. efficiency
3. (enforced) traffic laws
4. sidewalks
5. politeness (thank you, please, etc)
No culture, of course, is perfect. There are some things I absolutely hate about this culture, but then there are things I really love. Much of it, I am really going to miss. Especially the 36 smiling faces I got used to seeing almost every day:

No comments: