Friday, January 1, 2010

The First Memorable Moment of 2010

The new decade is officially here. I am excited to see what this year brings. This thing I do know: there will be many changes. This evening I had one of those moments you just want to capture. I was taking my Grandma & Grandpa Hovis home from visiting my house (they don't drive at night). Grandma was in the front with me and Grandpa was in the back. I had music from the Glory Revealed CD playing in my car. (This is a great album with rockin' blue grass music, by the way). The I'll Fly Away/Amazing Grace/Washed in the Blood medley came on...songs that my grandparents know well. My grandpa noticed the music right off and commented. I asked him if he wanted me to turn it up. He said yes and began singing softly with it. Then my grandma and I joined him. So there I was - riding to town with my Grandma & Grandpa, singing peppy, blue grass Gospel. Awesome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome, it has been so many years since I had that experiance.

Happy New Year Rachel talk soon.

Unknown said...

Rachel! How sweet...Everytime I read it, I tear up. Those are some of my granny's favorites as well. :)