Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Sweetest Time of the Year

There are 3 days left until Christmas. Avoid the stores if you can. :)
My sister and I have been reading the Christmas story (Matthew 1-2, Luke 1-2 & John 1) every day from different translations since the 16th. Between the two of us we have seven different English versions of the Bible (which goes to show you how blessed us English speakers are as there are many languages which do not even have one tranlation of God's Word). It has been cool reading them from these different versions (ranging from paraphrase to literal) because it makes you hear the story in new ways. We have also read through some of the prophecies in Isaiah that predict the birth of Christ.

These past couple of days I have been trying my hand at truffles. I used the dark chocolate truffle recipe from the back of the Ghiradelli chocolate chip package. It was a little messy, to say the least...
Let me tell you these truffles are very rich and very dark (60% cocoa). I tweaked the recipe some to take the edge off. Instead of using unsweetened cocoa to coat the creamy, dark chocolate filling, I coated some with nuts, some with crushed Oreos and the rest with either a rasberry hot cocoa mix or an extreme chocolate hot cocoa mix. I think the Oreo ones are my favorite.

No comments: