Thursday, October 15, 2009

Guess who is coming to visit!

My sister is coming to visit!!! I am going to St. Louis to pick her up tomorrow and then bringing her back here for the weekend. Then I will take her back on Sunday after church. Sound crazy? Yes...but totally worth it. Lord willing, we are going to do a community service project Saturday morning and then that night we are going to a Third Day concert. Also, I am going to speak at a local, private school about the region I will traveling to, so she will be there to support me (please keep me in mind Friday afternoon when this will be taking place!).

Lately, I have been trying to submit my anxiety regarding my seemingly insurmountable amount of homework to the Lord. He has been calling me to give this area of my life to Him. I act like I am in control of my time and my studies, but He has been showing me that I totally am not. So last night at midnight, I chose to go to bed, leaving 3 chapters and 3 articles to read, Hebrew translations and a reading quiz all to be done this evening. I was very discouraged because I wanted to attend RF's Wednesday night service to hear about the recent trip to Central Asia. I told the Lord this and also told Him that I trust Him in helping me get what I need to done. Jesus showed me once again how sovereign and faithful He is. This morning I got up and got ready for class, but when I got to school, I was informed that my class was cancel. How exciting! I was able to take that time to knock out three chapters, which allowed me to go to church this evening - all because of the Lord's grace. Once again: He is in control and I am not...and that is a good thing.

Other lessons from the past several weeks: pride and humilty - the Lord is really teaching me a lot about this vice and virtue through many different avenues (books, sermons and class lectures). I am reminded once again that I really am livin' life in Romans 7.

No comments: