Thursday, October 15, 2009

Change in Plans

Well, in my plans anyway. It turns out that the Lord was not willing to have my sister visit. She is sick with what is probably a sinus infection. I am extremely disappointed, but the Lord know's what is best. He is sovereign and wise and good.

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps (Proverbs 16:9; cf. Proverbs 19:21).

On a different note: I was challeged by my Hebrew class today regarding the Book of Ruth and my traditional understanding of it. This book has much to say (through the actions of Ruth) about the loyal love of God. Ruth was faithful to her bitter mother-in-law, Naomi, even to the point of risking her reputation (or worse, according to some scholars). The epitome of God's love and faithfulness to us was demonstrated in Christ as He did the radical by sending His Son to die a excrutiating death on the cross. With this in mind, I need to reread the Book of Ruth.

No comments: