Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Taking a Breather

This week is shaping up to be pretty low-key which is so nice since last week was so stressful. Hence my frequent blog posts. :) I have been to the Dollar Theater three nights in a row. Crazy. I have been to more movies since last summer than in all my other years combined. Last night, my roommate and I saw Inkheart. It is about a guy who has the "gift" of making literary characters come to life when he reads a book out loud. I really enjoyed this movie. I was especially hit by the loyalty of the family members to one another (I am big on loyalty). There was a certain part, however, that really got me thinking. Midway through the movie, one of the characters that was brought to life from the book met the actual author of the book. The character, however, rejected the author. He got right up in his face and asserted that the author wasn't his God and didn't control his fate. This was the author that created him and wrote his story. Without the author, this character would not have existed. For me, this scene was a powerful picture of our rebellion against God the Father. He created us and sovereinly reigns in our lives, but we asserted our independence. In essence, we reject Him as our God and tell Him He has no right to our lives just like the character in this movie did. The truth is, however, that God created each of us and, as our Creator, has every right to our lives. Thankfully, He doesn't reject us as we reject Him. He instead took the initiative to reconcile us to Himself. Even though we don't desire Him (Romans 1-2), He desires us to know Him and paved the way for us to get to Him through Jesus Christ. For our sake, God made Jesus to be sin, though He was sinless, so that in Jesus we might become the righteousness of God.
Also yesterday, my roommate and I got to hang out with a young lady from the bank we both use. I am so thankful for this new relationship and look forward to seeing what the Lord does in it.

No comments: